[libvirt-users] Snapshots - can't take a snapshot with running VM

Julian Robbins julian.robbins at q-par.com
Tue Jun 15 16:53:31 UTC 2010

> >  Can I really only create snapshots of a vm when it isnt running ?
>
> No, you should be able to take a snapshot both while it is running and
> while it is off.  However, they use different mechanisms so there could be
> a bug in the online version.  What version of qemu/kvm are you running?
> Also, do you have apparmor enabled/running?  If so, and if the apparmor policy
> hasn't been updated, that might be the source of your problems.

Thanks for your reply. Oddly, I didnt receive an email to me, but only
in the archives !

I've disabled AppArmor for now and it works fine, so there is some
unwanted issue there. Strangely, looking again apparmor is still enabled
when guest is running after reboot. Possibly rebooting the guest and
using dynamic appamor instead of static has helped ?

I'm using vers 1.84 of QEMU/Kvm from dnjl's PPA for Lucid.

--
Kind regards

Julian