[libvirt-users] libvirt with opennebula

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 2 10:21:57 UTC 2010

2010/6/1 marwen marwen <marwen.ensi at gmail.com>:
> hello
> I'm currently using libvirt and opennebula. I have installed the libvirt
> with the driver of opennebule "ONE" and I test the installation.
>
> /********************************************************/
> oneadmin at node016 ~]$ virsh -c one:///
> Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.
>
> Type:  'help' for help with commands
>        'quit' to quit
>
> virsh # list
>  Id Name                 State
> ----------------------------------
>
> virsh #
> /********************************************************/
>

> but I can not see the list of machines that run in the cluster node (Xen and
> KVM)
> I want to know if this is a problem of configuration files ( libvirtd.conf
> and oned.conf).
> can you help me to overcome this problem
>
> thank you

The OpenNebula driver is currently not really maintained by someone.

I took a look at the OpenNebula driver code and I understand now why
it doesn't work as expected.

The driver keeps and internal list of known domains, but this list is
never initialized with the already existing domains, that's why it
doesn't list your already existing domains. The list is only altered
by libvirt's define and undefine functions.

I think that the driver should not cache this list, but it should
request the list of existing domains from the OpenNebula daemon each
time it needs it. This way it'll always be in sync with external
changes.

Once the internal list is replaced by a lookup function the rest of
the driver should just work.

I don't have a OpenNebula setup at hand, so patches welcome :)

Matthias