[libvirt-users] Dual-boot and also use raw disk in virtual machine

Justin Clift justin at salasaga.org
Thu Jun 3 04:09:40 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 01:04 PM, Richard Walker wrote:
<snip>
>> Is there any significance to the apparently "broken" partition table
>> entries?  Probably yes . . . I will do some more investigation of
>> that too.
>
> It seems that even though sfdisk says there is strangeness,
> the partition table still "works".

Hmmm... as a thought, is it possible to wipe the drive and set up the
partitions the way you want them from F13, prior to install Windows 7?

Then tell Windows 7 to use those existing partitions instead of it doing
the setup?  I have absolutely no idea if this will work, mind you.
Might be easier to try first with FAT32 partitions as well (unsure).

I'm more in "thinking of possible options" mode, than knowing what to
try next for sure with this. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

--