[libvirt-users] Documentation Bug: struct virSchedParameter missing value field

Guido Winkelmann guido-libvi at unknownsite.de
Mon Jun 14 13:14:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

The libvirt documentation under

http://libvirt.org/html/libvirt-libvirt.html#virSchedParameter

fails to list the "value" member, even though that is kind of essential for
using the struct.

This is what the documentation says:

struct virSchedParameter{
  charfield[VIR_DOMAIN_SCHED_FIELD_LENGTH]  field   : parameter name
  int  type   : parameter type
  }

This is how it looks in the actual header file:

typedef struct _virSchedParameter virSchedParameter;

struct _virSchedParameter {
    char field[VIR_DOMAIN_SCHED_FIELD_LENGTH];  /* parameter name */
    int type;   /* parameter type */
    union {
        int i;                          /* data for integer case */
        unsigned int ui;        /* data for unsigned integer case */
        long long int l;        /* data for long long integer case */
        unsigned long long int ul;      /* data for unsigned long long integer
case */
        double d;       /* data for double case */
        char b;         /* data for char case */
    } value; /* parameter value */
};

This one had me scratching my head for a while, because the way it is
documented, it's absolutely not clear how the struct is supposed to be used.
Only after studying the virsh source code for a while did I notice that this
struct apparently has more members than the documentation lets on...

	Guido