[libvirt-users] Domain did not show up error

Matt Wallace lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 08:41:36 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've run into an issue with using libvirt via the ruby bindings.

When trying to create a new domain via xml, I get the following error:

libvir: QEMU error : internal error Domain webserver.staging.myco.com
didn't show up

When I check using virsh, the domain has been defined and shows as
"running" when I execute "list --all" but does not show up when I
execute "list" nor will it let me connect via "console
webserver.staging.myco.com".

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be?

O/S: Centos 5.4
Ruby: ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [x86_64-linux]
Libvirt: 0.6.3

If you need any more information, please let me know.

If you want to see the code that is being used, it's cucumber-vhost
(http://github.com/proffalken/cucumber-vhost)

Thanks,

Matt