[libvirt-users] VirtualBox driver : creating storage for a new machine

Christian Patsch Christian.Patsch at gonicus.de
Mon Jun 28 15:14:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

Another thing I'm strugglin with:

When creating a new domain from scratch using the proposed XML format in
the documentation, everything works fine - basically. A problem that I'd
like to solve now is that I would expect to be able to create new
volumes within libvirt.

I started with a basic XML file in order to define a pool, but virsh
told me that creating pools is not supported by the VirtualBox hypervisor.

>From the code and different hints I learned that there is only one pool
with a dummy UUID, named "default-pool".

Next I tried to create a new volume from a XML file, but the only thing
I'm getting are segmentation faults.

Has anybody used this approach successfully ?

Otherwise I assume that I have to create the VDI files manually using
VirtualBox GUI/VBoxManage or vboxshell.py.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Christian