[libvirt-users] LXC: unable to configure networking for LXC

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Tue Mar 9 01:52:41 UTC 2010

At Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:08:48 +0200,
Avi Weit wrote:
> I would like to set up sshd under an LXC application container and to be
> able to connect into it from the host. I was able to achieve that with LXC
> tools CLI after setting up a bridge via brctl and creating a proper
> lxc.conf file for lxc-execute to use. However, I am unable to do so via
> libvirt.

As far as I know, libvirt always assumes that the guest is responsible
for obtaining an IP address e.g. using DHCP (which makes perfect sense in
the context of virtualisation technologies which emulate a PC). So at
this time, I think you need to have a script which runs dhclient before
running sshd.

Another alternative is just to run a full Linux distribution inside LXC,
and then the LXC guest's init will be responsible for bringing up the
network. However, I haven't managed to do this (init just dies
immediately when I've tried it, on Fedora 12).

Regards,
--
Robin Green