[libvirt-users] libvirt connections

brandlk at mathematik.uni-marburg.de brandlk at mathematik.uni-marburg.de
Wed Mar 31 07:51:45 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm working with libvirt version 0.7.7 and encountered some problems with
ssh connections to the xen hypervisor:

- if the hypervisor is not running libvirt.open("xen+ssh://host") doesn't
time out put keeps trying to connect to host on port 8000.
I've tried with the following test program:

try:
   conn = libvirt.open("xen+ssh://host")
except:
   print "failed"
   sys.exit(1)

However: after aborting the program with Ctrl-C I get the exception.

- I want to close all libvirt connections at the end, but closing the
connections does not close the ssh - nc connections libvirt opens in the
background to talk to the hypervisor. I have to manually delete all domain
objects as well to get the pending ssh - nc connections closed. I can keep
on using the domain object, even if I closed the connection before.
Is this behaviour intended?

Any help would be great.

K. Haselhorst