[libvirt-users] Duplicate USB vendor,product specification

Don Morrison dam at us.ibm.com
Mon Mar 15 18:25:47 UTC 2010

I studying how to attach USB devices to a KVM guest virtual machine using
libvirt. Using the "vendor" and "product" to specify the source device
seems like a good option since the "bus" and "device" values can change as
a device is removed and re-inserted. The question I have is what should I
expect to happen if I plug in two identical USB devices - so they have the
same vendor/product information? There is nothing in the documentation on
libvirt.org to address this case. Thanks.

Don Morrison