[libvirt-users] virsh domxml-to-native xen-xm request

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 20 10:19:05 UTC 2010

2010/3/20 Mike Viau <viaum at sheridanc.on.ca>:
> Hello,
>
> I was looking at http://libvirt.org/drvxen.html
>
> And realized that "virsh domxml-to-native" may be used to convert the
> libvirt xml formatted domU configuration to native.
>
> The configuration is for stubdom-dm Xen guests.
>
> Syntax appears to be virsh domxml-to-native xen-xm new_vm1.xml >
> /etc/xen/new_vm1 but I get an error.
>
> error: invalid argument in unsupported config type xen-xm
>

> Can someone please post their output of the command: virsh domxml-to-native
> xen-xm new_vm1.xml

Do you just run this command?

   virsh domxml-to-native xen-xm new_vm1.xml > /etc/xen/new_vm1

If you don't specify an explicit connection URI, or have
VIRSH_DEFAULT_CONNECT_URI set to to some Xen connection URI, then
libvirt will try to autodetect your hypervisor and might find QEMU. In
that case I can reproduce the reported error.

To make it work you need to specify a proper connection URI, for example

   virsh -c xen:/// domxml-to-native xen-xm new_vm1.xml > /etc/xen/new_vm1

or whatever URI you need for your setup.

Matthias