[libvirt-users] XML-Created domain vanishes after shutdown

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sun May 16 09:26:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 09:34:52AM +0200, Alexander Topolanek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> im migrating existing kvm-images into libvirt domains, by creating a
> domain in virsh from a xml file. The domain starts, is working fine, but
> after shutdown it is lost, and I have to recreate it.

   virsh create XML

boots up a transient guest that disappears after shutdown. If you
want it to stay around, the nuse

  virsh define XML
  virsh start GUESTNAME

> BTW, can I reset the domain count somewhere?

That's implicitly reset when libvirtd is restarted, to the lowest
ID of any running guest, plus one.

Daniel
--
|: Red Hat, Engineering, London    -o-   http://people.redhat.com/berrange/ :|