[libvirt-users] libvirtd loses all of its data after restart

guido guido-libvi at unknownsite.de
Thu May 6 14:43:53 UTC 2010

Am Mittwoch, 5. Mai 2010 schrieben Sie:
> The version of libvirtd you have does not support seemless restarts of
> the daemon  process while resources are active. You should shutdown all
> guests / storage pools before restarting the libvirtd daemon, or better
> yet, don't restart it at all.

What if it crashes?

> libvirt 0.7.x was the first series supporting restarts with stuff running

Okay, I've upgraded to libvirt 0.7, (this time on Fedora 12), but there are
still problems. Running and defined virtual machines now persist across
restarts, but storage pools and networks still disappear.

What's worse, trying to define the networks that disappeared again (so that I
can continue using them to create new vms) fails because the bridge by that
and the dnsmasq process on that ip/port combination obviously already exist.

        Guido

PS: Sorry, I originally sent the reply directly to you instead of the mailing
list without realizing it.

--
Too much multitasking isn't good for you.