[libvirt-users] ctrl+alt+2 disabled?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed May 19 12:52:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 02:44:14PM +0200, Ralf Hornik Mailings wrote:
> Ralf Hornik Mailings <ralf at best.homeunix.org> wrote:
>
> >I need to attach pci devices using qemu command interface but when
> >I use the vnc connection started using virsh, the key combination
> >(or qemu interface) seems to be disabled.
> >
> >How can I (re)enable it?
>
> No Ideas? Are there other ways to connect to qemu interface? I can't
> find any...

libvirt provides APIs for invoking monitor commands,
including support for PCI devices. virt-manager has
UI for doing this, but if you want todo it the hard
way with virsh that's possible too. Either add the
device config in the initial XML, or attach it to a
live guest using 'virsh attach-device'. The XML
format is illustrated here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Virtualization_KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment_assign_using_libvirt

Daniel