[libvirt-users] Hot-add interface crashes libvirt

steven765 at yahoo.com steven765 at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 22:33:10 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,
   After upgrading FC12 and now FC13 whenever I try to attach a network device using attach-device it promptly crashes libvirtd.  Is there an option that changed in the network interface xml spec I missed?
   I really need this feature or at least the ability to connect and disconnect interfaces if that's possible?

I've tried defining my network card in several ways:

First the one that worked previously:

<interface type="network">
   <mac address="52:54:00:5c:fe:a8"/>
   <source network="fedora"/>
</interface>

Second copying what appeared in the xml after using the add hardware through the VMM:

<interface type='network'>
   <mac address='52:54:00:5c:fe:a8'/>
   <source network='fedora'/>
   <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
</interface>

Both ways fail now. Please help.
Thanks,
Steve