[libvirt-users] (no subject)

David M. Barlieb DMB at integrichain.com
Tue Nov 16 16:51:25 UTC 2010

HI, I've just begun using libvirt as part of my KVM installation and
have been having some confusion regarding networking of my virtual
guests. I'm not sure if I should even be sending this to this mailing
list and if not please let me know and if possible where I should be
sending this inquiry.

I understand I can setup a dedicated bridged interface for my guest. But
as for the virbr interface which is the default, I'm a little confused
about. When using this, does the guest os use the same ip as the host?
If so, then how to packets get to the guest instead of the host. I would
guess there's an alternate mac address for the guest interface and this
is how it gets there but am not certain. Sorry if this seems like a
simple question but I'm not very well versed in networking.

daveb