[libvirt-users] virt-xml-validate b0rked?

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 4 14:50:44 UTC 2010

2010/10/4 Stanley, Jon [Tech] <Jon.Stanley at gs.com>:

> [...]

Yes, thats the problem. In your libvirt version "rhel5.4.0" is not
allowed as machine attribute value by the domain XML schema.

Until libvirt 0.7.6 the machine attribute was expected to have a value
out of a small predefined set ("xenfv", "pc" or "isapc" for
arch="x86_64"). Since 0.7.6 the machine attribute can contain
basically any value.

Matthias