[libvirt-users] Puppet Module for Virtualization Management

Carla Araujo carla.asouza at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 13:42:19 UTC 2010

Hi all!

Puppet [0] is an Open Source data center automation and configuration
management framework. Puppet provides system administration with a
simplified platform that allows for consistent, transparent, and flexible
system management. Puppet can be extended with new modules, which are
reusable, sharable units of Puppet code.

This year, during the Google Summer of Code [1], I developed a new Puppet's
module: Puppet-virt. Puppet-virt [2] provides a new type that allows the
administrator to deploy and manage virtual machines using r *uby-libvirt* .
At first, only Xen fullyvirtualization, Xen paravirtualization, KVM and
OpenVZ are supported.

If you have any suggestion or contribution, fell free to contact me and/or
fork the repository at github. :)

Regards,

Carla Souza

[0] http://www.puppetlabs.com/