[libvirt-users] Ruby-libvirt and openAuth

Chris Lalancette clalance at redhat.com
Tue Oct 5 14:08:14 UTC 2010

On 10/05/10 - 09:58:25AM, Jonathan Kelley wrote:
> I guess I was expecting to find a ruby library making calls into the C
> library like the Python libvirt.py that is generated.
>
> I saw these files and thought I was missing something but I understand now
> the difference between the Ruby and Python bindings.

Ah, no.  The way that this particular binding works is that it is all C code
that bridges between the libvirt C api and the various rb_* routines to hook
it into ruby.  There are other approaches possible, including something
called FFI, but I haven't really looked at them.

I've sent you the RDoc documentation for what is in git in a private email.
Once I do the next release I will post this updated documentation to the
website.

--
Chris Lalancette