[libvirt-users] Mac OS X: dyld: lazy symbol binding failed

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Oct 8 17:59:02 UTC 2010

On 10/09/2010 04:11 AM, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
> Justin,
>
> Yep:
>
> ~ → nm /usr/local/lib/libvirt.dylib | grep Thread
> 00000000001aec20 d _virTLSThreadImpl
> 0000000000011fd0 T _virThreadInitialize
> 0000000000012000 T _virThreadLocalGet
> 0000000000012010 T _virThreadLocalInit
> 0000000000011ff0 T _virThreadLocalSet
> 0000000000011fe0 T _virThreadOnExit
>
> And here is the output when running the test ruby file with
> DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES on, gisted since its quite long, but you can see
> libvirt in it prior to running the Ruby FFI code:
>
> https://gist.github.com/e90831db740cb0bff563
>
> Any ideas?

Unfortunately no.  This is seriously past my depth of knowledge atm. :(

Probably best to ask on the libvirt developers mailing list, as one of
the guys there (maybe Eric Blake or Chris Lalancette) might have ideas
about what's wrong.

Hmmm, I wonder if it's a 32-bit vs 64-bit thing?  Maybe the libvirt
package should be installed as a "universal binary"?  I'm not sure
how to update it for that though.  Kind of new to OSX. :/