[libvirt-users] bootloader_args element

David Grundy dagrundy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 17:14:23 UTC 2010

I am trying to set the hostname of VMs at boot time and banging my head
against the wall.  I am using

virsh create xen-config.xml

to boot a Scientific Linux 5.5 image.  I have gone through the libvirt
domain xml format at

http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html#elementsResources

and I don't see anywhere to set the hostname in there.  I am using pygrub
for the bootloader and noticed the  "bootloader_args" element.  Can I pass
an argument to the kernel at boot to set the hostname?  Can I pass anything
to the kernel at boot time?  Nothing I have tried seems to work.  I have
tried sifting through the pygrub code (for lack of documentation) and no
luck yet.  I think my challenge is with pygrub but any help would be
appreciated.  I have also posted this at

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-10/msg00143.html

and

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-virtualization-90/setting-hostname-in-xen-config-xml-file-836993/

but still waiting...