[libvirt-users] Fwd: undefining and redefining a Domain from libvirt java bindings

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:04:41 UTC 2010

2010/10/12 Matthias Bolte <matthias.bolte at googlemail.com>:
> 2010/10/12 Ravi Pawar <ravifc at gmail.com>:
>> hi,
>>
>> i am trying to undefine a domain  by using dm.undefine();
>> and then trying to create one with same name is giving me error saying
>> 'Domain not found: no domain with matching uuid
>> 'aeae9d4e-17cb-b661-a612-88ac677c28c1'
>>
>> i have attached my test program which reproduces the issue.
>>
>> please let me know where i am going wrong?
>>
>> configuration: libvirt : 0.6.3
>>                     Java Bindings: 0.4.2
>
> I didn't look into this problem in detail, but I think you need to
> call free on the Domain object after you undefined it.
>
> dm.undefine();
> dm.free();
> dm = null;
>
> Matthias

Okay, calling free doesn't help. I tested it with libvirt 0.6.3 and
libvirt-java 0.4.6 and can reproduce your problem.

This problem is fixed in libvirt 0.8.2. I didn't track it down to the
actual commit.

So in order to fix your problem you'll have to update libvirt to 0.8.2
or identify the commit between 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 that fixes your problem
and backport it to 0.6.3.

Matthias