[libvirt-users] Virt-v2v

Osier jyang at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 09:26:56 UTC 2010

I guess ESX driver is not compiled for your libvirt version.

To   if it's complied, e.g.

# strings /usr/lib64/libvirt.so.0.8.1 | grep esx -i

If you can't see the symbols like "esxDomainCreate, esxDomainDestroy", it's
not.(In case of CentOS doesn't strip the symbols of libvirt.)

and in that case you need to recompile libvirt from source code and install
it.

# ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-esx
# ./configure
# make