[libvirt-users] XML

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue Sep 21 15:34:10 UTC 2010

  On 09/18/2010 04:52 PM, Glynn D. Reynolds wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am new to libvirt.  I would like to know where would you make the
> change to correct this error. I am not sure to add an entry
> in /etc/libvirt/network/default.xml or not.
>
> Could you provide ne with a current link to the documentation that will
> provide me information to correct this information.
>
> Glynn
>

>   error : virInterfaceDefParseMtu:141 : XML description for interface mtu
> value is improper is not well formed or invalid

That error would not be encountered while parsing the XML in
/etc/libvirt/network/default.xml - that file is parsed by the virtual
network parser (virNetwork*) not the host interface parser
(virInterface*), and changing it would have no effect here (note that,
in any case, you should never edit that file, or any other file in
/etc/libvirt directly - always go through the *-edit commands provided
in virsh).

You are apparently attempting to define a host interface (with "virsh
iface-define" or by calling virInterfaceDefineXML()), or possibly
retrieve the XML for an existing host interface (with "virsh
iface-dumpxml" or virInterfaceGetXMLDesc()). Please tell us what you are
doing (and what the inputs are) when you encounter this error - either
the XML you are providing to iface-define is incorrect, or the XML of
and existing interface produced by the netcf library is incorrect.