[libvirt-users] Restarting iptables and libvirtd

Brian Pitts bdp at uga.edu
Thu Sep 9 20:01:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

If I issue the commands

# service libvirtd stop
# service iptables stop
# service iptables start
# service libvirtd start

the iptables rules that enable NAT on my virtual networks are not
created when libvirtd is started, even though the networks are set to
autostart and 'virsh net-list' shows them as active. The rules are only
created if I run net-destroy and net-start.

Is this the expected behavior? I would have thought that restarting
libvirtd would ensure the necessary iptables rules are in place for
networks marked as autostart. I would also have though that net-list
would not show networks as active if the iptables rules needed for them
to work were not in place.

--
Brian Pitts
Systems Administrator | EuPathDB Bioinformatics Resource Center