[libvirt-users] KVM guest creation - no manual interference

Matt Wallace lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Fri Sep 10 14:27:50 UTC 2010

On Friday 10 Sep 2010 15:16:14 Lucas Arbiza wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've looking for a way to create KVM virtual machines completely automated
> without the need to interact with guest operating system during
> installation.
>
> With ubuntu-vm-builder is possible create the guest, list packages to be
> installed and scripts to be run. Is there a way to do something like it
> with libvirt?
>
> Thanks!

I wrote Cucumber-VHost for exactly this purpose.

We use Cucumber-VHost and puppet as well as cobbler and Hudson to completely
automate the build and testing of our configuration files.

Cucumber-VHost creates a virtual machine based on it's definition in cobbler
and a plain english script invoked by Rake.

More details are on my blog at http://www.threedrunkensysadsonthe.net/ and in
GitHub: http://github.com/proffalken/cucumber-vhost

HTH,

M.