[libvirt-users] sco 5.0.5 not booting on hard disk

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 17:05:50 UTC 2010

On 09/15/2010 07:32 PM, Jean Michault wrote:
<snip>
> Why is "boot=on" preventing my VM to boot ?

This bit I'm not sure of, but suspect the answer may be in the mailing
list archives.

Have you tried using the "Search" function in the top right hand corner
of the libvirt.org website?

It searches the mailing list archives. :)

> Is there a way to modify the .xml file for this VM to inform libvirt to
> not add "boot=on" ?

The libvirt command line utility, virsh, has an "edit" command so you
can change XML definitions manually.

For example:

   (to make the connection)
   $ virsh -c qemu+ssh://myuser@myserver/system
   Welcome to virsh, the virtualization interactive terminal.

   Type:  'help' for help with commands
          'quit' to quit

   virsh # list --all
    Id Name                 State
     1 someguest            running

   virsh # edit someguest

   (vi launches, with the XML loaded for editing)

Does that help?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift