[libvirt-users] virConnectOpen question.

Sharad Mishra snmishra at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 16 16:48:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

	I am using virConnectOpen(const char *uri) to connect to the local
hypervisor. When uri is set to "lxc:///", an error gets logged
in /var/log/messages about failed connection. But I do not see any error
for "xen:///". The machine does not have these drivers installed, and I am
using libvirt 0.6.3. My questions are -

1. Why I see error in /var/log/messages for container and not for xen?

2. Is there a way to avoid this error? Can I check for installed drivers
before trying to connect?

Thanks
Sharad Mishra