[libvirt-users] access VMX config on esxi with virsh

frank dirks frankdirks at gmx.net
Mon Sep 20 08:00:45 UTC 2010

Hi Mathias,

thank you very much - which part of the doku did i miss so i didn't know about the web-access to the vmx files?

> virsh (and libvirt) don't expose the .vmx files, so there is no way to
> access them directly trough libvirt. You could get the domain XML
> config and convert it to .vmx format using domxml-to-native, but that
> doesn't give you the original .vmx file.

which command gives me the domain xml? dumpxml gives me an error message (expecting an assignment) - the other xml command need the vmx file i guess ...

btw: do you think libvirt is an option for backup tasks around esxi virtual machines? or do you know another suitable tool?

regards, frank

--
GRATIS: Spider-Man 1-3 sowie 300 weitere Videos!
Jetzt freischalten! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome