[libvirt-users] correction

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Tue Sep 21 15:40:15 UTC 2010

  On 09/20/2010 02:56 PM, Glynn D. Reynolds wrote:
> I have corrected the error!
>

> Error:
> Sep 18 13:53:46 gdrenterprise libvirtd: 13:53:46.116: error :
> virInterfaceDefParseMtu:141 : XML description for interface mtu value is
> improper is not well formed or invalid
>
> To correct this error you will have to remove or correct the entry of
> virtual IP's added to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ by the virtual
> application.

Aha! Some questions:

1) what "virtual application" are you talking about?

2) can you provide an example of an ifcfg-* file that causes the error?
(as well as the corrected file)

> Theory!
> I suspect that if you add the network interface with application that
> have non root privileges or you have configured /etc/access.conf.
> In additional to running selinix,  root could be the one that may have
> the authority to add the network interface configuration.

What application without root privileges is able to modify the network
configuration in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts? Only root should be
able to modify those files.

Beyond that, I don't understand this paragraph.