[libvirt-users] Protocols used for migration

Marc Seward linuxuser26 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 02:43:52 UTC 2011

Could someone confirm if tunneled (encrypted) and tcp (unencrypted) are the
only supported protocols for live migration of KVM guests.In the example
posted in my earlier mail,a separate process is being spawned by qemu-kvm to
perform migration.Does the qemu migrate command always spawn a separate
process?

Additionally,I'd like to know if there's a way I can check the QEMU monitor
command and parameters passed to the QEMU monitor command when a command is
executed through virsh.

Thanks,
Marc