[libvirt-users] virsh shutdown

Igor Serebryany igor47 at moomers.org
Wed Apr 13 20:05:48 UTC 2011

As eblake mentioned on the other mailing list, you have to have an ACPI
daemon listening for ACPI events in the guest in order for 'virsh
shutdown' or 'virsh reboot' to do anything. If the guest or the ACPI
daemon crash, 'virsh shutdown' won't work.

In my own code, I set a timeout of a minute to let guests shut down
using the 'shutdown' command, and if the guest is still up after that
time I issue a 'destroy'.

--Igor