[libvirt-users] virt-image issue

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 02:54:08 UTC 2011

于 2011年04月26日 04:59, Zvi Dubitzky 写道:
> Hi
>
> Does anybody work with the virt-image utility.
> - I do not see where/how  one specifies the pre-defned image  or the CD
> iso image to produce the image from
> - what is the .xml file requested for ? I guess  it is  the output xml
> file
>
> I just used the command with an existing .xml file (thought the utility
> will modify it according to the specified flags)
> but got the error message :
> "ERROR    Cannot parse 'vmTest3.xml': Root element is not 'image"

The required xml is not libvirt domain xml, but an xml with root
element "<image>" (which is called "virt-image" format), virt-image
somehow is an succession of virt-convert. E.g. you can convert
VMware vm in vmx format to "virt-image" format first, and then
use virt-image to create the VM under kvm.

Regards
Osier