[libvirt-users] Using Restore

Marcela Castro León mcastrol at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:20:31 UTC 2011

Hello:
I'm developing a fault tolerance system, and I'm trying to use save/restore
operation.

But it's working fine when I restore the file saved on the same guest, but
If I move it to another host, and then try to restore using the file
previously saved I got this error.
I ask for help to know if this kind of operation is allows, and if it is,
how can I do to work it.

The exactly sequence using virsh I've test is:
On [HOST1]: Using virsh
1) save [domain] [file]
2) restore file
3) destroy [domain]

On [HOST1] using ubuntu sh
4) cp [guest.img] [guest.xml] [file] to HOST2

On [HOST2] using virsh
5) define [guest.xml] (using image on destination in HOST2)
6) restore [file]

The restore troughs the following message:
*virsh # restore sv-chubut-2011-04-01-09:58
error: Failed to restore domain from sv-chubut-2011-04-01-09:58
error: monitor socket did not show up.: Connection refused*

Thank you very much.

Marcela.