[libvirt-users] [Libvir] libvirt & vde_switch

Robert Šmol robert.smol at stereoit.com
Tue Apr 5 11:50:32 UTC 2011

Hi,

I would like to ask about status of VDE and libvirt. I found a thread
from http://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2008-February/msg00030.html.

I am not interested in connecting the VDE to the outside world. I have
created a FW machine using macvtap. To this machine I would like to
attach machines from different zones (dmz, prod, cust).  I was thinking
on using VDE and vlans (FW would have 1 interface in each vlan -
machines also), but I am not aware how to configure this in libvirt.

I now assume I can do the same setup with regular bridges for the moment
(benefit of VDE would be only 1 switch for many vlans).

Regards,

Robert

--
stereoIT - Open Source Technology Partners
http://www.stereoit.com