[libvirt-users] virsh shutdown

None balexis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:42:26 UTC 2011

The libvirt API has this to say regarding the shutdown command:

virDomainShutdown:
Shutdown a domain, the domain object is still usable there after but the
domain OS is being stopped. *Note that the guest OS may ignore the request.*

It is likely a guest OS issue. Which guest are you running? I had problems
shutting down Windows guests, I had to resort to Destroy too in order to
make sure the guest effectively guests shut down.