[libvirt-users] problem installing libvirt from source

Lars Nordin lnordin at internap.com
Tue Apr 26 15:05:20 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Bolte [mailto:matthias.bolte at googlemail.com]

Without looking further into it, did you install the python-dev
package? ./configure will disable the Python bindings if it cannot
find the required files. But actually when you explicitly specify
--with-python then ./configure should fail when something is missing.

Did the summary at the end of the ./configure run say "Python: yes"?

That was it. Once I installed python-dev and re-ran configure, make and make install - I have a libvirt module.
Odd that the configure script didn't spit out a warning, when I specified "--with-python".
Thanks!