[libvirt-users] virt-clone: clone not bootable

David Brown dcbrown73 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 20:45:23 UTC 2011

Hi,
Not sure if this is the right mailing list, but...
I have a Linux VM (CentOS 5.4) VM.  I cloned it with virt-clone, but the clone isn't bootable.  When I attempt to boot it says:
Booting from hard diskBoot failed: not a bootable diskFATAL: No bootable device
The clone was made with the following command: virt-clone -o centos -n centosclone -f /path/to/new/image.img
I've attempted it several times and get the same result.
Has anyone seen this or know how to resolve it?
Thanks,Dave