[libvirt-users] virt-clone: clone not bootable

Whit Blauvelt whit.virt at transpect.com
Wed Apr 27 00:35:48 UTC 2011

David,

How exactly are you invoking it? And when you say "it says," which "it"?
There's more than one way to start a VM. Which are you using?

All we have to go by is your command to virt-clone - which was correct and
works for a great many people - and your observation that your cloned VM
wouldn't boot. Since the problem's most likely not in virt-clone, we'll need
more details on the rest of your procedure to have any chance of spotting
where the problem is.

Whit