[libvirt-users] port forwarding

Ireneusz Szcześniak irek.szczesniak at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 13:15:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm using CentOS release 5.6 (Final) and Xen 3.1.  I'm writing to ask
how to configure port forwarding.  With virt-manager 0.6.1 I added the
machines, but there I don't see an option for port forwarding.

I would like to reach the VM on a specific port of the host machine.
Once the machinces are running, I can configure iptables so that the
port forwarding works, but after host reboots, other rules are
inserted (put in front of my rules), which disable my rules.  I guess
these rules are put by libvirt, and so I'm writing to this list.

These are the rules inserted:

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             192.168.122.0/24    state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  192.168.122.0/24     anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

I need to have a different rules for 192.168.122.0/24: the states
RELATED,ESTABLISHED are fine, but I need the NEW state put there too,
so that the new forwards can go through.

Thanks,
Irek

--
Ireneusz (Irek) Szczesniak