[libvirt-users] XML file location

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 17:48:03 UTC 2011

On 08/08/2011 11:28 AM, Jeff wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to change the default directory which stores the guest XML files?  I want to keep them with the guest image files on a shared NFS filesystem.

No, you don't want to share libvirt's internal xml files among multiple
hosts.  Otherwise, two hosts will stomp on each other's edits, and
likely corrupt your guest.

Rather, you want to store 'virsh dumpxml' output in a shared directory,
and then 'virsh define' that shared definition into all hosts where you
care about sharing common XML information.