[libvirt-users] Non-persistent disk

Xianqing Yu yu267155364 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 15 20:01:31 UTC 2011

Hi Libvirt team,

I am trying to create a new domain from XML file by using libvirt. I want
this new domain using non-persistent disk as its disk. Non-persistent disk
means that when the domain is running, all the modification would not be
written to disk file.  So next time, when you boot VM from the same disk
file, you would have a fresh disk. I check the website but I could not find
anything about this. I wonder if libvirt support this function.

FYI, if I use KVM, I can use command "qemu-kvm -snapshot" to boot a VM on
non-persistent disk. If I use VMware, I can set disk type to Independ-disk,
non-persistent.

Thanks,

Xianqing Yu

------
Graduate Research Assistant, Cyber Defense Lab
Department of Computer Science
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
E-mail: xyu6 at ncsu.edu