[libvirt-users] How to Connect a new CD via virt-manager

Marc Haber mh+libvirt-users at zugschlus.de
Mon Aug 22 08:27:48 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have virt-manager 0.9 connecting to a libvirtd 0.9.3 on Debian
unstable. Hypervisor being used is KVM.

In a VM, I can select the "IDE CDROM 1" and click on "disonnect" which
makes the virtual disk disappear from the virtual drive and the former
disconnect button now reads "connect". Hence, when I click there,
nothing happens.

Currently, the only way I am aware to get a new CD in the virtual
drive is to delete it and to add a new virtual CD drive.

Is this a bug, or am I doing things wrong?

Greetings
Marc