[libvirt-users] Libvirtd slowness

Nathan March nathan at gt.net
Thu Dec 1 23:18:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it's normal to take over 2 seconds to connect to
the libvirt daemon?

xen1 ~ # time virsh -c 'xen://xen5/' pwd
real    0m2.102s

xen1 ~ # time virsh -c 'xen://xen1/' pwd
real    0m2.217s

Strace shows it sitting for 2.08s on polling the remote socket:
poll([{fd=6, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}], 2, -1) = 1 ([{fd=6,
revents=POLLIN}]) <2.082839>

Not quite sure why though? Experiencing this on both 0.9.7 and 0.9.0.
This happens both with virsh and the perl libvirt bindings.

If i just spawn virsh interactively I only incur that 2s hit on intial
spawn, all commands are very quick and responsive.

Anyone have any suggestions?

- Nathan

--
Nathan March<nathan at gt.net>