[libvirt-users] Start domain with usable QMP connection?

Bryan D. Payne bryan at thepaynes.cc
Fri Feb 11 21:56:45 UTC 2011

> Though it's not that convenient as you have a independant monitor to talk
> directly, you could use "qemu-monitor-command" of communicate
> with the qemu monitor. And with the latest qemu, which supports monitor
> command "human-monitor-command", it's more compact, e.g.

Very interesting, thanks for the pointer.  It also looks like the
qemu-monitor-command (without the new --hmp switch) could also be
useful for some basic code access to the monitor commands.  I could
send them through virsh instead of my own qmp socket.  If there are
specific commands that I end up using a lot, then I'll look into
extending the libvirt API to support them more cleanly.

Cheers,
bryan