[libvirt-users] Live migration using virsh

rajalakshmi raji.gayathri90 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 13:13:47 UTC 2011

Sir,
I am working in cloud environment and i have set up a private cloud using
eucalyptus. I am trying to migrate virtual machines within the cloud using
virsh migrate command. I could successfully implement it but when i wanted
to know the method used to do live migration. I tried to interpret the code.
I also saw that they are setting a flag initially if it is live migration
and then assigning 1 to variable live. and i also could find that
xenDomainMigratePrepare is calling xend_op which in turn is calling
xend_op_ext. But i could'n understand the method of migration. Can you
please explain the logic?