[libvirt-users] LXC libvirt support

Osier Yang jyang at redhat.com
Sat Feb 12 05:05:02 UTC 2011

于 2011年02月12日 11:52, Nirmal Guhan 写道:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used libvirt to start/stop/manage LXC (linux containers) ?
> Is it supported at all? Last I tried, had few issues and the reply was
> :

Yes, it's supported, though still much work to do, but the basic is
there.

> ///
> Note that libvirt lxc driver is a different implementation from lxc tools
> and doesn't use lxc tools internally.

Indeed, it doesn't invoke lxc tools.

You may not be able to do what
> you are doing with lxc tools. Especially, the driver doesn't take aware
> of files and settings inside a container at all. You have to prepare them
> by yourself in advance

libvirt.org has the example, e.g. the busybox example, I guess it could
explain "the driver doesn't take care of files and setting inside a
container at all, you have to prepare them by yourself in advance."

Regards
Osier