[libvirt-users] monitiring cpu usage via cgroup

Zvi Dubitzky DUBI at il.ibm.com
Wed Feb 16 00:20:59 UTC 2011

thanks Kame,

1) the policy of my process(test) is indeed SCHED_NORMAL .
     When I use sched_setscheduler() to set the pid sched policy  to
SCHED_FIFO then the cpu usage via cgroup  rt_runtime_us and
  rt_period_us  is affected . Still  the ratio I specified  is 1:10   but
I see via top that my process
     ,that gets 1 cpu ,shows 20% usage

2)  What about memory and cpuset subsystems of cgroup. Do their settings
apply also only in the cases of processes with policy =
      SCHED_FIFO/SCHED_RR ?

3) lastly:
     What is the meaning of the ‘cap’ parameter in the schedinfo virsh
command (what are the units and range of values ) and what is
    the ‘weigth’ parameter .I did not find any documentation of libvirt
about it ?

thanks

Zvi Dubitzky
Email:dubi at il.ibm.com