[libvirt-users] Allocating Sockets Cores and Threads.

joe fu joefuu10 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 09:20:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is there any other way I could allocate sockets, cores and threads to my
virtual machine? I looked over the virsh man page and I didn't find anything
that talks about sockets, threads and cores.
I edited the vm xml file and added this...

<cpu>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
 </cpu>

Saw this in the libvirt documents, http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html

Setting this up shows me a single core in my vm, but I don't see any sockets
and threads. Can somebody tell me how to do it in a right way so that I see
all sockets, cores and threads allocated in my vm.

Thanks
joe