[libvirt-users] Python Bindings for Python 2.7

Matthias Bolte matthias.bolte at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:55:55 UTC 2011

2011/1/19 vipul borikar <vipulcell at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>           I want to source compile the libvirt 0.8.4 with its Python
> bindings.
>
> I have python 2.4 rpm installed but i dont use it. I use Python 2.7 source
> compiled version.
>
> So when i compile libvirt it produces bindings for Python 2.4 which is
> obvious  choice since it is rpm.
>
> So how should i make it point to Python 2.7 so that it produces bindings for
> it.  Installed path of Python 2.7 is /opt/Python2.7.
>
> Please Guide me.

You can try to run

  ./configure --with-python=/opt/Python2.7

assuming that there is /opt/Python2.7/bin/python.

Another possibility is to specify the Python binary per environment variable

  PYTHON=/opt/Python2.7/bin/python ./configure

This will probably work but I'm not entirely sure as this is an
uncommon configuration.

Matthias