[libvirt-users] Getting CPU and memory usage statistics for the host

Peter Phaal peter.phaal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:00:28 UTC 2011

If your client application is being written in C, you might want to
take a look at the Host sFlow source code:

http://host-sflow.sourceforge.net/

The Host sFlow agent locally polls counters using libvirt and then
exports them using the sFlow protocol.

You might want to think about adding sFlow support to your
application. Passively receiving the counters over UDP is simpler and
more scalable than counter polling. You can also use sFlow to monitor
the physical server statistics and traffic through the virtual switch
to get a complete picture of performance.

http://blog.sflow.com/2010/10/sflowtrend-adds-server-performance.html